Last lesson we begun the pre-production and production of once scene called "The Accident". We each had to create storyboard for our own scene, and then we chose one to act and shoot. This task was mainly focused on the pre-production side of things, creating storyboards, creating a shot list etc.
I learned what a shot list was, and found that they make shooting a film much easier as it saves a lot of time. However when filming, I found that you have to consider in what order to actually film the shots, this is so when editing the sequence of film, you are more likely to have good continuity in your work. It also helps to save time as you will not have to film in order of the actual sequence, but film each similar shot at the same time.
When it came to editing the raw footage, I found that it was hard to make a sequence of frames with what I had, that had good continuity, because we ran into some trouble when shooting, specifically with our time management. The sequence is very jumpy in some areas, and some of the angle shots we used did not work out as well as we had planned. However this is all good, because it means I have learned a lot from this one experience and have developed my skills, even if it is only slightly. Now I know I will not make these same mistakes again, and will produce better work with each attempt.
Here is the final cut of "The Accident":

No comments:
Post a Comment